Saw this article yesterday about Fox Asia's highly anticipated first Chinese-language series, "The Trading Floor." Many of us were wondering when this series will air and the last I had heard several months back was Spring 2018….well, yesterday they finally announced that the series will officially premiere on Fox's Chinese language channel on May 24th.
Below are some of the highlights from the article (will translate in more detail when I have time but for those who can read Chinese, I suggest checking out the original article itself).
- Chinese name of the series changed from 香港華爾街 to 東方華爾街
- Producer for the series is Andy Lau
- Director is KK Wong (he was the director/producer for HKTV's "The Election")
- Cast features ensemble of actors/actresses from Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Mainland China
- Partial cast includes: Francis Ng, Joseph Chang, Patrick Tam, Maggie Cheung, Liu Kai Chi, Poon Chan Leung, Law Kar Ying, Cheung Lui, Carlos Chan, Jacky Cai, Fish Liew, etc.
- Season 1 will be 5 episodes
- Story is about the finance sector in Asia and the changes that it goes through over a 20 year time period. Francis plays a finance expert who will do everything he can to climb to the top and become finance boss – throughout the process, he will face off against his apprentice student Joseph Chang
There is a trailer included in the article, which I haven't had a chance to watch yet so I'm not sure if it's the same one as previously released. The 2 posters are new though and both versions (which have been dubbed "Cash 1.0" and "Cash 2.0" by the director) look AWESOME!
I honestly can't wait to watch this series!
Link to article: https://www.hk01.com/即時娛樂/186166/東方華爾街-吳鎮宇張孝全師徒決裂-記錄亞洲金融戰場20年